RSS

This is Dawn's personal blog. The blog name Orchids in Formaldehyde hints of sweetness and darkness in her views. A paradox of perspective that is sometimes confusingly unpredictable.

My Sister's Civil Wedding

One of the reason we moved quickly last year to Bukidnon was because of my sister's wedding. I think this was on July 2014, about a month after I came back to Zamboanga to pack up our stuff and facilitate our move and my friend's as well, since she'll be staying at our house.

I know this is some really old news, but I didn't want to share news that wasn't mine to share, so that's why you'll just be reading about this.

She had a civil wedding here in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon. It was actually quite nice (compared to another civil wedding I have attended before where the judge performed 3 couples' wedding at the same time and I was a sponsor of someone I don't even know - blame my old boss for that for bringing me along). In my sis' wedding, we were all there. Even my brother who's staying in Manila and haven't come home to Zamboanga for several Christmases (I'm counting 4) has made time to come (and I'm saying 2 days and 1 night) and attend her wedding. All siblings present, parents too of course, and that includes her hubby's parents, my eldest brother's family, including kids, and a couple of relative from my father's side who came to be their sponsor/godparents.


The newly wed couple, my sister donning a violet dress. That's my other sis at the front, serving as photographer... with a tablet. Hehehe.


Jam packed at the back of the rented van, heading towards the restaurant for the reception. :)


And we've arrived. Heading in to eat. :) *I really don't have very good photos here.
The guys are helping out with my dad and his wheel chair. The girls have a moment to pose for a pic.


Art on a yellow wall.


The newly weds.

I have a short video of when they cut the cake, but that needs to be edited first. So I'll just update this post when I'm done with that.


The beautiful view at the Monastery of the Transfiguration. We went here after the reception. It was around 15-20 minutes travel from the city proper. This is the view approaching the chapel from the parking lot.


Beautiful view, isn't it? It's very tranquil here. And 360 degrees of the surrounding areas are trees and mountains and flowers. It's so beautiful really.


Roaming around and taking pictures.


The inside of the chapel. I really like that rock altar with the light underneath.


We were the only ones noisy there. Lol. I think it was around this time (when we were crowding in that area) when we were asked to keep silent. Lol. But that was because a mass or something at the nearby monastery was about to take place.

We went home then. Hehe. Got a little embarrassed I guess. :) But we had another outing planned for the next day, so it didn't feel like the celebration was cut short. :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to your sister, Do.... I love the architecture of that monastery!

Post a Comment