RSS

This is Dawn's personal blog. The blog name Orchids in Formaldehyde hints of sweetness and darkness in her views. A paradox of perspective that is sometimes confusingly unpredictable.

On The Wedding Venue

Background of the problem:
We both went to college and met at Zamboanga City. While I grew up there, he himself hails from Basilan. We've both moved to Metro Manila years later for review, board exam and jobs, and my family has moved since then to Bukidnon, then later this summer to Davao.

Statement of the problem:
Where are we going to hold the ceremony?

Supporting facts:
For Zamboanga:

  • Most of our friends are there. As well as his family (or just an hour's ride away). We won't have to worry about fare and accommodation.
  • We are familiar with the place. We know where to find such and such (like which church, what resto, etc.)
Against Zamboanga:
  • Everyone is there. It would be difficult to trim down the guest list to just 50 (we want it small).
  • Most of his relatives are there. I don't want the boat to be heavier on his side, if you know what I mean.

For Bukidnon:
  • Will be as cheap as Zamboanga (I think)
  • I won't have to worry about having too much relatives on either side.
  • I could keep the guest list within 50.
Against Bukidnon:
  • Fare and accommodation concerns. What if no one came? O.O
  • I don't know where to find anything. I only know of one hotel here and it doesn't look to be the place I want to have the ceremony in.

For Davao:
  • My family will be staying there by then. My dad is disabled so this is the easiest option for him.
  • I will be living there by then, so I will be able to prepare for everything myself (without getting a planner or travelling back and forth).
Against Davao:
  • Relatives on my dad's side will be there.
  • Might be expensive compared to Zamboanga or Bukidnon.
  • Fare and accommodation concerns.

For Manila:
  • Well, I could go back to Manila earlier and my guy and I could plan it together.
Against Manila:
  • Fare and accommodation concerns.
  • Everything will be expensive!

Conclusion:
Well for now it looks like it's going to be in Davao. :) But when all the factors against it start to pester and stress me, I'll be half tempted to have it just immediate family. Hahaha. Just kidding.

But I'm serious. -.-

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment